Formulador Senior de Piensos para BioMar WestMed
BioMar WestMed is looking for an experienced Formulator to support feed formulation and recipe optimization for the BioMar factories in France and Spain. As Senior Formulator, you will optimize formulas for production based on efficiently balance technical constraints, ingredient costs and raw material quality and availability according to supply and demand plans.
Your main responsibilities in the job will be within recipe optimization and formula maintenance. Furthermore, you will ensure a close collaboration with production, quality, sourcing, and sales, suggesting process improvements to achieve efficient and effective execution and high customer satisfaction.
Reporting to the Formulation Manager you will be responsible for:
- Junior formulator backup on daily operational tasks
- Product Managers support on formulation software, recipe design and costing
- Proactive approach on recipe cost reduction, suggesting Formulation Master Files modifications
- Recipe cost calculation and margin control, suggesting corrective actions to minimize deviations
- Support on key customers´ tenders
- Solve inquiries on product recipes to customers and Sales & BioFarm Teams
- Support on experimental formulas and processes
- Closely collaboration with mill managers to handle production challenges
- Quality Dept. support on claims and non-conformities
- Cooperate with sourcing responsible to ensure procurement of the right raw materials and quantities at the right interest price
- Suggest improvement actions that aim to improve the way we work within formulation and across functions
- Participate on BioMar Global projects when needed be
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision
We expect you to be a self-motivated person with a passion for solving problems and an enthusiasm for innovation. You thrive by working in a fast-paced environment where you must solve complex challenges within a framework of processes, analytic methods, and high-end scientific research. You are furthermore characterized by being a resolute person, able to suggest fast decisions based upon objective data analyses while at the same time keeping focus on planning and executing on your agreed tasks and objectives. Therefore, you will need good analytical skills, experience in complex software systems and be able to work independently and connect virtually with team members and cross functional.
You would probably hold as a minimum a bachelor's degree in either marine science, biology or agricultural science, preferable with a post grade or specialization in fish nutrition or aquaculture with a minimum of three years of related work experience. You will be required to be fluent in English and French or Spanish.
Your workplace will be either in Spanish (Dueñas) or French factory (Nersac).
For further information, please contact:
Formulation Manager Agustín Fernández, +33 979761536 (email@example.com)
Please send your application by using this link as soon as possible: Apply here
Join the BioMar family
At BioMar Group, we are committed to developing and delivering efficient, sustainable, and healthy feed solutions for aquaculture. Innovation and partnerships are at the very heart of everything we do, and we are proud that our highly skilled employees share our long-term commitment. Currently, we operate 17 feed factories in Norway, Chile, Denmark, Scotland, Spain, France, Greece, Turkey, China, Ecuador, Australia, Costa Rica and Vietnam. Worldwide, we supply feed to around 80 countries and for more than 45 different species.
Moreover, we are wholly owned by the Danish industrial group Schouw & Co, which is listed on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange.